News | Events | Entertainment | Sports | Tech | Social | Fashion | Gossip ..

Sunday 15 October 2017

Apple Watch notification helps save man's life: 'It would have been fatal' | SoTechNaija




An Apple Watch notification helped save a man’s life after it alerted him to needing immediate medical attention for a blood clot in his lungs.

James Green, a podcast and reporter, from Brooklyn, New York, tweeted: “Never thought a stupid lil wrist computer I bought two years ago would save my life.
“Saw my heart rate go up, ended up being a pulmonary embolism.”

The 28-year-old says he owes his life to the HeartWatch app, which monitors a person’s heart rate constantly throughout the day and notifies them when it goes above or below a certain threshold.
He told The Telegraph his doctor was glad he called, telling him that if he had waited any longer “it would have been fatal”.

Mr Green describes himself as “a serial health tracker”, explaining: “I wanted data on my heart since I had a previous pulmonary embolism.
“And my watch is too old to have the new software update that enabled the heart rate alerts.”

Recalling the moment he realised something was wrong, he said: “I got an alert from Heart Watch that my heart rate was continually above my resting heart rate of 54, even when I was just sitting at my desk.



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

One Big Question: Atiku vs Buhari For President In 2019 – Who Do You Think Will Win?

In 2014, just before the Election, we posted a similar article between  Jonathan &  Buhari  on SoTechNaja & Naijaloaded and the ...